McCurtain which disenfranchised freedmen.
28. The Claremore Progress September 24, 1898; Indian Territory statistics giving tribal
population, number of freedmen, intermarried citizens, etc.
29. The Indian Citizen February 16, 1899; letter W.G. Ward to the editor regarding Ward's
disagreement with McCurtain over the method in which land titles should be established for
30. The Indian Citizen July 6, 1899; letter of Blair J. Shoenfelt to Green McCurtain regarding
violation of laws concerning ownership of livestock in Choctaw Nation by noncitizens.
31. The Indian Citizen August 17, 1899; letter of Blair Shoenfelt to McCurtain regarding a
royalty on hay
32. The South McAlester Capital September 21, 1899; editorial on enrollment of Choctaws and
Chickasaws, gives enrollment figures by town.
33. The South McAlester Capital Oct 12, 1899; editorial on Choctaw Council, proposed
34. The South McAlester Capital Oct 26, 1899; an appeal to Green McCurtain to intervene on
behalf of the citizens of Atoka; they were upset over the work of the townsite
commissioners (designating allotments)
35. South McAlester News March 2, 1900; town lot patents of Choctaw and Chickasaw towns.
36. South McAlester Capital November 8, 1900; editorial on Choctaw and Chickasaw suit
involving lands and other property and the citizenship claims of 4,000 people. A second
article has more details.
37. South McAlester News January 11, 1901; editorial on E.A. Hitchcock and schools -decision
to bar court-declared citizen's children from attending Choctaw schools.
38. South McAlester Capital June 13, 1901; editorial on lawsuit regarding claims against the
39. South McAlester Capital July 4, 1901; editorial regarding the meeting of the Tuskahoma
Party at San Bois and their selection of candidates.
40. South McAlester Capital July 11, 1901; editorial on the work of the Choctaw townsite
41. South McAlester Capital August 29, 1901; editorial on the work of the Choctaw townsite