The charter establishing the University of Oklahoma, was signed by Secretary of the Territory of Oklahoma, Robert Martin, on December 24, 1891. The original document is on display in the Reading Room of the University Librariesí Western History Collections, located on the third floor of Monnet Hall.
Since its inception in 1928, Sooner Magazine has provided affiliates of the University of Oklahoma with a rich source for University history. In order to provide better access to this fabulous history, the magazine has been digitized in its entirety. Bound copies of Sooner Magazine are available at call number LH 1 .O6 S6 on the 3rd floor of Bizzell Memorial Library.
Since the first meeting in 1893, the Board of Regents of The University of Oklahoma has answered its charge to execute the business of our University and to keep record of the decisions that have shaped its future. The Oklahoma State Legislature transferred governance of Cameron University in Lawton to the OU Board of Regents in 1992 and subsequently transferred the governance of Rogers State University in Claremore in 1999. In order to protect and archive this record and to provide better access to this rich source of University history, the Board of Regents' meeting minutes have been digitized in their entirety and made available online.