University of Oklahoma Libraries Western History Collections
CHOCTAW NATION MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
Goodland Indian School Collection Printed materials 1940-1956 5 items
Indian school and orphanage. Newspaper clippings (1956); brochures (1950); pamphlets (1955); and a published history (1940) of the Goodland Indian School, a Presbyterian orphanage founded for Choctaw Indians, but later expanded to serve orphans from other tribes as well.
Publications about Goodland Indian School, including:
1. "The Goodland Indian Orphanage: A Story of Christian Missions," 1940.
2. Program for the dedication of Bacon Hall at Goodland Indian Orphanage, April 18, 1955.
3. Goodland Centennial Souvenir Program, 1950.
4. An unused business envelope from Goodland.
5. Program for First Presbyterian Church of Tulsa, World Fellowship Meetings, 1955.
1. The Paris (Texas) News, November 18, 1956. "Goodland Indian Orphanage: A Tribute to Thanksgiving".