University of Oklahoma Libraries Western History Collections
CHEROKEE NATION MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
Hill, George Washington (1834-1925) Records 1858-1907 .10 foot
Merchant. Land titles and deeds (1858-1879) from Georgia and the Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory; an admission ticket to the 1900 Democratic Party national convention, and minutes (1900) of the Vinita, Indian Territory, Democratic Club; an election poll list and tally sheet (1907) from Vinita, Indian Territory, and one court document (1886) of the Cooweescoowee District Court, Cherokee Nation.
1. Souvenirs of the 1900 Democratic National Convention; postcard from Indian Territory.
2. Letter of receipt from Vinita National Bank to G. Hill, March 1902.
3. Letter of authorization from W.A. Starr to J. Cass to sell a town lot in Downingville.
4. Indenture, Georgia, G.V. Margerum, 1858.
5. Land title papers transferred from Horsefly, Ross and Shanahan to G. Hill, 1872, 1888, 1889.
6. Poll list of the Vinita election, April 1907.
7. Minutes of the Vinita Democratic Club, 1900.
8. Land deed, J.O. Hall to G. Hill, January 1895; land deed, W. Trott to Hall, 1903.
9. Certificate of sale of town lots in Downingville, to S. Couch, 1872.
10. Land deed, Downingville, to S. Couch, 1889.
11. Land deed from Charles Thompson to J.W. Keys, June 1876.
12. Land deed from Thompson to Keys, April 1879.
13. Land deed from Thompson to Keys, April 1879.