10. Chickahominy River, Va. 1862. Ives to Lee, description of battle lines. Wish to return to Choctaw Mission. County skirmishes.
11. James River, Va. 1862. Ives to Lee. Battle tides and troop movements. Chickahominy Battle. Union retreat. 7 day battle told.
12. Aquia Creek. 1862. Ives to Lee. Low opinion of McClellan, and losses under his command. Names of Commanders. Numbers in battle. One year of service.
13. Old Town, Md. 1862. Ives to Lee. Out scouting. Detailed description of Battle movements, prisoners, equipment, etc.
14. Winchester, Va. 1863. Ives to Lee. Troop movements. McClellan blunders. "Proclamation of freedom", by Lincoln. 9 months with no chaplain. Like Hooker.
15. Winchester, Va. 1863. Ives to Lee. Newspaper clipping- the affair at Strausburg. re: mission friends; picket duties; Gen. Franklin admired.
16. Bowling Green, Ky. 1864. Ives to Lee. His visits home; recruiting and leading an African-American regiment.
Box 1 (continued): Correspondence to and from the Lee Family
1. 1853, to Lee from Parents. Family details and happenings.
2. 1850's, Wesleyan University, Charles Rogers to Mrs. Lee (sister). Saddened by father's actions; speaks of his health; religious lecture to sister.
3. 1850's. Wesleyan University, C. Rogers to sister. Admonished sister for poor spelling. Surprise at her decision to wed.
4. 1850's. Wesleyan University, C. Rogers to sister. Describes school; what he is doing.
5. 1852, Amenia Seminary, C. Rogers to sister. In a drama; Rev. Mercein add. group; trip of students; plans to go to college.
6. 1852, Ameniaville, NY, C. Rogers to sister. Religious lecture to her; classmates and room gatherings; over 100 students, 8 teachers.
7. 1853, Amenia Seminary, C. Rogers to sister. Religious lecture-New Year. 150 students.
8. 1853, Amenia Seminary. C. Rogers to sister. An answer to her question on being a Methodist or Presbyterian.