University of Oklahoma Libraries Western History Collections
CHOCTAW NATION MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
Garvin, Isaac L. Printed materials 1877-1879 7 items
Indian chief. Typescripts of legislation (1877-1879) enacted by the Choctaw Nation council concerning the courts, schools, timber lands, and coal mining.
1. Star Vindicator, December 15, 1877. re: the nomination of Judge I.L. Garvin for principal chief of the Choctaw Nation.
2. Star Vindicator, October 19, 1878. re: I.L. Garvin's message to the joint body of the legislature of the Choctaw Nation.
3. Star Vindicator, October 26, 1878. re: comments on the message of I.L. Garvin.
4. Star Vindicator, November 16, 1878. re: an act entitled "An Act Locating County and Circuit Court Grounds in Toboxy County", signed by I.L. Garvin.
5. Star Vindicator, November 16, 1878. re: resolution approved by I.L. Garvin.
6. Star Vindicator, November 23, 1878. re: resolution accepting the report of the principal chief on account of contingent fund. Signed by I.L. Garvin.
7. Indian Journal, November 13, 1879. re: message of Garvin to the joint bodies of the Choctaw Legislature.