University of Oklahoma Libraries Western History Collections
CHOCTAW NATION MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
Folsom, Lee W. Papers 1867-1910 .66 foot
Journalist. Folsom family correspondence (1902-1908); a notebook (1897-1899) indicating the subjects studied by Folsom while a student at Atoka Baptist Seminary and Folsom's personal account books (1905-1910). The collection also includes annual reports (1895-1900) of the U. S. Board of Indian Commissioners; a copy of the acts and resolutions (1897) of the general council of the Choctaw Nation; a hymnal (n.d.) written in Choctaw; two copies of the Laws of the Choctaw Nation (1866-1891) written in English and Choctaw; a Choctaw New Testament (1906); a Choctaw Pentateuch (1867) and a letter (1885) in Choctaw from Alfred Folsom to Rainie Winthrop.
1. Reports of the Board of Indian Commissioners (1895, 1896, 1898).
2. Reports to the Board of Indian Commissioners (1899-1900).
3. Laws of the Choctaw Nation in English and Choctaw from 1866-1891 Inclusive, printed in 1891 (2 copies).
4. Acts and Resolutions of the General Council of the Choctaw Nation, passed during the regular session of October 1897; and the school laws of the Choctaw Nation.
5. Class notes taken as a student at Atoka Baptist Academy (1897-1899).
6. Grade reports from Atoka Baptist Academy (1898); copy of an agreement between the U.S. Government and the Five Civilized Tribes (1897); allotment certificate issued to Saul Folsom by the Choctaw and Chickasaw Nations (1903); receipts, pamphlets.
7. Folsom family genealogical materials, including allotment materials and a certified copy of the final roll of Rhoda Walker and family (1907).
8. Personal account books (1905-1910).