12. The Purcell Register September 15, 1893; editorial on election of Thomas W. Hunter, Jacob
Jackson, et al to Choctaw House of Representatives.
13. The Purcell Register Oct 6, 1893; editorial on Choctaw Council, selection of officers,
14. The Purcell Register February 2, 1894; editorial on Choctaw Council and general
accomplishments of it.
15. Minco Minstrel August 17, 1894; editorial on election in the Choctaw Nation, election of
certain members to Council, gives names and number of votes.
16. The Caddo Banner Oct 5, 1894; regarding meeting of Choctaw Council, seating of officers,
prospective legislation, etc.
17. The Talihina News July 11, 1895; allotment of land.
18. The Marlow Magnet July 18, 1895; editorial on Choctaw allotment.
19. Minco Minstrel July 19, 1895; resolution by Choctaws to act apart from the Cherokees,
Creeks, and Seminoles in dealing with the U.S. on the issues of tribal government,
20. Minco Minstrel February 28, 1896; editorial on Choctaw and Chickasaw claims against the
U.S. (see folder 4 also)
21. David Progress September 3, 1896; lists delegates and attorneys to represent Choctaw
Nation before the Dawes Commission.
22. The Daily Capitol December 17, 1896; an appeal of J.J. McAlester to Green McCurtain;
gives good general history of coal mining in the Choctaw Nation, leases and laws pertaining
to coal, etc.
23. The Daily Capitol December 22, 1896; an agreement between the Dawes Commission and
the Choctaw Nation, gives terms of agreement, provisions, etc.
24. South McAlester Capital January 28, 1897; Choctaw Treaty opposition presumably over the
Dawes Commission agreements.
25. The Indian Citizen February 18, 1897; letter of C.S. Vinson to Green McCurtain regarding
borrowing money to save starving Choctaws.
26. The Indian Citizen March 18, 1897; letter of C.S. Vinson to Green McCurtain regarding the
legality of specific legislation dealing with coal mine leases.
27. The Marietta Monitor August 19, 1898; editorial on Choctaw proclamation by Governor