97. Bill No. 24. An act appropriating money to pay school certificates in the Second District,
Choctaw Nation. Passed and approved October 24, 1900. Disapproved by McKinley
December 20, 1900.
98. Bill No. 46. An act providing for a Board for children in neighborhood schools. Passed and
approved October 31, 1900. Disapproved by Pres. McKinley December 20, 1900.
99. Bill No. 53. An act making appropriation to Reynolds Davis and Co. Passed House and
Senate October 31, 1900. Approved November 1, 1900.
100. Bill No. 59. An act for the relief of Ben Watkins. Passed and approved November 1, 1900.
Disapproved by Pres. McKinley December 20, 1900.
101. Bill No. 27. An act appropriating money to defray the expenses of two blind children.
Passed Senate October 25, 1900. Passed House and approved October 26, 1900.
Disapproved by Pres. McKinley December 24, 1900.
102. Bill No. 25. An act to appropriate money to reimburse Frank B Yates, Supt. of Deaf and
Mute Institute, Little Rock, Arkansas. Passed House, Senate, and approved October 25,
1900. Disapproved by Pres. McKinley December 27, 1900.
Acts, Bills, and Resolutions of the Choctaw Nation, 1901
1. Notification from G.W. Dukes, Principal Chief to members of the Senate and House of
Representatives of the Choctaw Nation in General Council Assembled, concerning the
amount to be paid per mile for railway right-of-ways. Also two letters from W.A. Jones,
Commissioner of Indian Affairs, to G.W. Dukes, Principal Chief, concerning the same.
Read and interpreted and referred to Senate and then Chief, January 4, 1901.
2. Bill No. 1. An act providing for a commission to meet with U.S. Commission to the Five
Civilized Tribes relative to closing the citizenship rolls. Passed and approved January 4,
1901. (two copies)
3. Bill No. 2. An act regulating the operation of ferries on border streams. Passed and approved
January 4, 1901.
4. Bill No. 4. A resolution refusing to accept the sum of $50.00 per mile from the Denison and
Northern Railway Co. for right-of-way through the Choctaw Nation and informing the
Secretary of the Interior thereof. Passed and approved January 5, 1901.
5. Bill No. 5. An act to provide for the protection of the Choctaw and Chickasaw from the
citizenship claims of those persons known as "Court Claimants." Passed Senate January 5,
1901. Passed House and approved January 7, 1901.