"No. 5 Chahta Tamaha C.N. June 15th 1865. Indian Council. Resolutions of Grand Indian Council held at Chahta Tamaha, C.N.." Resolutions of the Cherokee, Choctaws, Creeks, Chickasaws, Seminoles, Comanches, Caddos, Osages, Cheyennes, Kiowas, Arapahoes, Sipans, northern Caddos, and Annada kos that hostilities among the Indians should cease, that the integrity of the Indian Territory as the present and future home of these Indian tribes should be maintained, and that commissioners be appointed to represent the tribes in their dealings in Washington, D.C.. Approved June 16, 1865.
"No. 6 Doaksville Ark June 19th 1865." copy of Treaty Stipulations made and entered into on June 19, 1865 at Doaksville, C.N. between Lieutenant Colonel A.C. Mathews and Adjutant William H. Vance, commissioners appointed by military authorities of the U.S., and P.P. Pitchlynn, Principal Chief and Governor of the Choctaw Nation. This document (8 pages) contains a copy of a treaty stipulations (June 19, 1865), copy of Commissioners letter of instructions (June 9, 1865), and proclamation by P.P. Pitchlynn re. calling a Grand Council of all Indians, and cessation of all hostilities between the Indians and the U.S. Government (June 19, 1865).
"Executive Department, Choctaw Nation September 1st, 1865. To the Honorable the Grand Council of the Confederated Nations..." Proclamation by P. P. Pitchlynn re. change in meeting of the Grand Council from Armstrong Academy to Fort Smith, urging the tribes to make peace with Government of the U.S., and "that agricultural pursuits will have to be soon adopted as a permanent means of obtaining subsistence..." Sep. 1, 1865.
8 Miscellaneous papers and correspondence.
Letters to and from Ellis Freeny, W. David Baird, and Dan G. Poland re: a letter written by P.P. Pitchlynn, Jan. 12, 1835. The recipient of the letter is unknown, and a copy is included. The letter relates the background and names of Pitchlynn's parents, grandparents, siblings, and children. 1835, 1976-1997.
Photocopies of typescript correspondence at the Gilcrease Museum, sent by Ellis Freeny: