University of Oklahoma Libraries Western History Collections
CREEK (AND EUCHEE) NATION MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
Coachman, Ward Printed materials 1877-1878 3 items
Indian chief. Typescripts of messages (1877) and an editorial (1878) concerning an attempt to unite Creek political factions, and to promote the Creek constitution of 1867.
1. Message of Ward Coachman to the Houses of Warriors and Kings of the Muskoke (sic) Nation--Annual Message to the National Council (October 1, 1877).
2. Indian Journal--October 13, 1877. "Editorial on Message of Ward Coachman".
3. Annual Message of Ward Coachman to the Houses of Warriors and Kings (October 1878).
4. Letter from G.M. Savage, Principal of the Henderson Masonic Male and Female Institute, re: a forthcoming visit to the Institute by Coachman (May 1, 1877).
5. Letter from Peter Par mum ka duk, Chief of the Pottawatomies, re: a stolen horse (August 9, 1877).
6. Message to Che Emanthla and Bob Ellis, re: holding an election in Eufaula to replace Necos Harjo, who died (May 27, 1879).