42. Proclamation of G.W. Dukes calling for a special election, Chickasaw Democrat, August 17, 1902.
43. Several editorials, re: G.W. Dukes and Green McCurtain and elections in the Choctaw and Chickasaw Nations, South McAlester Capital, August 21, 1902.
44. Proclamation of G.W. Dukes calling for a special election, Wapanucka Press, August 21, 1902.
45. Editorial on G.W. Dukes, re: election, South McAlester Capital, August 28, 1902.
46. Proclamation of G.W. Dukes on the special election, Indian Citizen, October 2, 1902.
47. News item on G.W. Dukes and his activities as principal chief, South McAlester News, October 16, 1902.
48. Editorial on G.W. Dukes, re: federal troops move into South McAlester to keep order as the successor of Dukes takes over as principal chief, Indian Republican, October 17, 1902.
49. Proclamation by G.W. Dukes claiming that Green McCurtain is not his legal successor, Chickasaw Enterprise, October 23, 1902.
50. News item on G.W. Dukes and political strife over his successor, South McAlester Capital, January 8, 1903.
51. News item, re: Choctaw coal lands, Collinsville News, May 28, 1903.
52. Critical editorial on G.W. Dukes, Indian Citizen, July 30, 1903.
53. Editorial on G.W. Dukes, re: a Choctaw bill providing that Governor McCurtain may act for the nation after dissolution of the tribal government, Purcell Register, November 3, 1905.
54. Message of G.W. Dukes to the Choctaw Council, n.d.