11. Muskogee Morning Times, May 15, 1897: "Editorial on Agreement of R.M. Harris".
12. Claremore Progress, May 22, 1897: "Ratification favored by R.M. Harris" of a recent treaty on land claims.
13. Special message of R.M. Harris to the Chickasaw legislature. re: approval or rejection of the contracts made and entered into by and between the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the Board of Trustees of the Chickasaw Nation. Harris gives recommendations, July 19, 1897.
14. Purcell Register, July 29, 1897: "Notice signed by R.M. Harris" re: an "Act to incorporate mining companies in the Chickasaw Nation".
15. Indian Citizen, August 12, 1897: "Act approved by R.M. Harris" authorizing the Governor, National Treasurer and Secretary of the Chickasaw Nation to furnish the Dawes Commission with a correct roll of Chickasaw citizens by blood and members by intermarriage.
16. Indian Citizen, September 16, 1897: "Message of R.M. Harris" to the Chickasaw legislature. re: the Indian Appropriation bill, Dawes Commission, mining and timber laws, taxes, attorneys, financial condition of the Chickasaw Nation, and other government matters.
17. Indian Citizen, October 14, 1897: "Resolution Approved by R.M. Harris" to retain A.S. McKennon on the Dawes Commission.
18. Indian Citizen, December 30, 1897: "Reward of R.M. Harris" for the capture and delivery to the National Jailer the bodies of Eastman Johnson and Willie Tyson, who are wanted for murder.
19. Indian Citizen, December 30, 1897: "Letter of R..M. Harris" offering rewards for Eastman Johnson and Willie Tyson.
20. Purcell Register, January 27, 1898: "Editorial on R.M. Harris" re: his efforts in Washington to obtain a court in Tishomingo.
21. Purcell Register, February 10, 1898: "Editorial on Message by R.M. Harris". Re: the erection of a new state house in Tishomingo.
22. Marietta Monitor, February 11, 1898: "Editorial on Message by R.M. Harris" recommending the appointment of a delegation to Washington to look after the interests of the Chickasaw Nation.
23. Claremore Progress, February 12, 1898: "The Five Tribes in Congress" re: the Curtis Bill.