University of Oklahoma Libraries Western History Collections
CHEROKEE NATION MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
Worcester Academy Collection Printed materials 1885-1890 .25 foot
Indian school. Catalogs (1885-1890) of the academy listing trustees, officers, faculty, students, course offerings, and a general history and description of the school; a copy (1884) of "Pages from Cherokee Indian History" by Nevada Couch, and photocopies of documents relating to the founding and operation of the academy. Also included is a copy of the University of Oklahoma's Extension Review which is devoted to the life and career of Joseph W. Scroggs, the founder of Worcester Academy.
Minor Box W-31
1. Pages from Cherokee Indian History.
2. Catalog, Worcester Academy, 1885-86.
3. Catalog, Worcester Academy, 1886-87.
4. Catalog, Worcester Academy, 1888-89.
5. Receipt for blueprints for a dormitory, n.d.
6. University of Oklahoma, Extension Review, "Learn a Better Living".
7. A Toast to Loreine C. Dietrich, Chapter Regent, 1967-1970. Lt. Col. Walter Chiles.
8. Agreement with the Commission of the Cherokee Nation and the American Home Mission Board, for the building of Worcester Academy including parts of Treaties of 1866 and 1881.
9. Certification of deeds for lots 7, 11, and 12; Block 6; May 27, 1884, by John L. Adair, Assistant Executive Secretary, Cherokee Nation.
10. Two letters from I. N. Cundell, instructor at Worcester, to Mr. Barrow, Home Mission Society, St. Louis, Missouri. May 28, 1884 and July 31, 1884.
11. Dedication of Worcester Academy, Indian Chieftain, February 18, 1883.