33. Letter from Wash Swimmer, acting chief, to National Council, regarding Dawes Commission correspondence and request for information thereon, Dec. 18, 1895.
34. Letter from Mayes to National Council, regarding Dawes Commission, Dec. 12, 1895.
35. Letter from Swimmer, acting chief, to National Council submitting treasurer's statement on receipt of money for railroad right of way, Dec. 19, 1895.
36. Letter from Mayes to President Cleveland regarding intruders in Cherokee Nation, from the Claremore Progress, January 18, 1896.
37. Letter from Mayes and Cherokee delegates to the Senate and House of the United States, a defense against the charges of the Dawes Commission against the Cherokee Nation, from the Indian Chieftain, January 30, 1896.
38. Proclamation of Mayes for special election for a Senate position, from the Vinita Leader, Feb. 27, 1896.
39. Letter from Mayes to National Council, regarding agreements on Freedmen claims, from the Indian Chieftain, March 26, 1896.
40. Communication from the Dawes Commission to Mayes, from the David Progress, July 23, 1896.
41. Article on Dawes Commission, including proclamation of Mayes, from the Claremore Progress, July 25, 1896.
42. Editorial on International Council concerned with Dawes Commission, from the South McAlester Capital, August 6, 1896.
43. Message of Mayes to National Council regarding Cherokee citizenship, from the Claremore Progress, August 15, 1896.
44. Letter from J. L. Robbins to Mayes, and comment thereon, from the David Progress, August 27, 1896, regarding whether Robbins is a Cherokee.
45. Annual message of Mayes to National Council from the Indian Chieftain, November 5, 1896.
46. Editorial on Mayes' message from the South McAlester Capital, Nov. 12, 1896.
47. Editorial on Mayes from the Claremore Progress, Feb. 13, 1897, regarding the Dawes Commission.
48. Proclamation of Mayes reappointing Benge and Hastings as Cherokee delegation to Washington, March 18, 1897.