2. York, Kay. Handbook for Secondary Social Studies Educators. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Oklahoma State Department of Education, 1981.
3. Cornelius, Carol. The Six Nations Series. Ithaca, N.Y.: Teacher Guide, Grades 7-11, 1990.
4. Littlejohn, Joseph E. A Handbook for Teachers and Aides of The Choctaw Bilingual Education Program. Durant, OK: Southeastern Oklahoma State University, December 1979.
5. Carlson, Vada, and Gary Witherspoon. Black Mountain Boy: A Story of the Boyhood of John Honie. Chinle, AZ: Rough Rock Press, 1993.
6. Crawford, Dean A., and David L. Peterson, Virgil Wurr. Minnesota Chippewa Indians. St. Paul, MN: A Handbook for Teachers, 1967.
7. Him, John Around. Lakota Ceremonial Songs. Rosebud, S.D.: Sinte Gleska College, Inc., 1983.
8. Iron, Pamela E., and Lillian Williams. Developing Communication Skills in the Elementary Indian Child. Tulsa, OK: Indian Pupil Education, n.d.
9. Bureau of Indian Affairs. Famous Indians: A Collection of Short Biographies. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of the Interior.
10. Olsen, Loran. A Legacy from Sam Morris. Seattle, WA: Northwest Interpretive Association, 1999.