University of Oklahoma Libraries Western History Collections
GENERAL NATIVE AMERICAN MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
Jordan, Glenn Printed materials 1860-1977 .50 foot
Historian. Research materials (1860-1977) gathered by Jordan while preparing his dissertation on Joseph S. Murrow and Bacone College, including photocopies of Murrow's diary (1867-1869).
Box l, Folder:
l . Inventory of Joseph S. Murrow and Bacone College Collections.
2. Photocopy, "Why the Indian is Poor and Disheartened" by J. S. Murrow.
3. Photocopy, "Two Weeks Among Indians, and Glimpses of Work in Their Behalf," by Mrs. C. R. Blackall, 1882.
4. Untitled manuscript on J. S. Murrow.
5. Untitled manuscript on J. S. Murrow.
6. Diary of J. S. Murrow, dates April 24, l867 to September 19, 1869.
7. Bibliography of Glenn Jordan's dissertation.
8. Photocopy, "An Open Letter To My Baptist Brethren of Indian Territory," by J. S. Murrow, 1900.
9. Report: "The Baptists Came Also" by Marilyn Valouch for History 112, l961.
10. Photocopy of news clipping "Fifty Beautiful Years," from The Indian Orphan newspaper, November 1, 1907.
11. Correspondence to Prof. Joseph B. Thoburn from an official of the U.S. Department of the Interior, dated December 19, 1918.
12. Chapter XXIX of incomplete manuscript. Chapter title: "An Early Missionary".
13. Biographical sketch of J. S. Murrow from History of the Baptist Denomination in Georgia, 1881.