12. March 30, 1882. Letter from Halpatuce, Chief of the Seminoles, to Samuel Checote, re: a meeting with Cockr (sic) about "the case in hand".
13. September 1, 1864. Samuel Checote et al to General D.H. Cooper requesting that Samuel Checote be placed in command of one of the brigades forming the Indian Division.
14. October 19, 1880. Samuel Checote to the Houses of the Kings and Warriors, re: the return without approval a bill granting C.W. Turner permission to hold and graze cattle in the Creek Nation.
15. August 25, 1883. Clinton B. Frisk to Samuel Checote, re: intruders in the Creek Nation.
16. May 24, 1884. Samuel Checote to J.M. Perryman.
Flap Folder II
1. Indian Champion--September 13, 1884. Death of Samuel Checote.
2. Oklahoma War Chief--July 15, 1886. "How to become a Squaw Man". The marriage permit cited was signed by Chief Checote.
3. 1899. "Samuel Checote" (sic), a chapter from A Brief History of the Missionary Work in Indian Territory by F.M. Moore.
4. Chronicles of Oklahoma--September 1926 (Vol. 4 #3). "Biographical sketch of Samuel Checote" by C.A. Lambert (pages 275-280).
5. 1926. "Principal Chief Samuel Checote", taken from page 876 of Oklahoma: A History of the State and Its People by J.B. Thoburn and M.H. Wright. All four volumes can be found in the Western History Library under the call number F 694.T45. Other sets can be found in Bizzell Library under the same call number.