University of Oklahoma Libraries Western History Collections
CHOCTAW NATION MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
Smallwood, Ben F. (1829-1891) Printed materials 1889-1891 5 items
Indian chief. Typescripts of Smallwood's messages (1889-1890) to the Choctaw Nation on the affairs of government, especially in the area of education, and articles (1891) commenting on his death and containing biographical information.
1. Message of B. F. Smallwood to the Choctaw Legislature, October 9, 1889, The Indian Citizen, October 13, 1889. re: he directs legislation in the areas of education and Indian citizenship matters.
2. Message of Smallwood to the Legislature, The Indian Citizen, October 11, 1890. re: remarks on the need for educational facilities.
3. Editorial on B. F. Smallwood, Purcell Register, August 7, 1891. re: Smallwood as representative for the National Party at Atoka.
4. Obituary of B. F. Smallwood, Cherokee Telephone, December 24, 1891.
5. Brief biography of Smallwood, The Indian Territory by O'Beirne, 1892.