University of Oklahoma Libraries Western History Collections
CHOCTAW NATION MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
McMurray, John Frank Printed materials 1898-1927 .50 foot
Lawyer. Published court records (1898-1926) and correspondence (1900-1927) regarding McMurray's suit against the Choctaw and Chickasaw nations for expenses and legal fees incurred in McMurray's successful representation of Choctaw and Chickasaw Indians in a lawsuit regarding taxation of Indian lands.
Box 1 J.F. McMurray vs. Choctaw and Chickasaws in U.S. Court of Claims. Case #33996.
1. Plaintiff's petition
2. Plaintiff's amended petition and exhibits A, B, and C
3. Evidence for claimant (incomplete)
4. Plaintiff's trial brief on argument of tentative findings
5. evidence for defendants, Volume I
6. evidence for defendants, Volume II
7. Defendants' statement of the case, objections to findings of fact requested by the plaintiff, request for finding of fact, and brief.